Friday, June 7, 2013

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go: #48hbc

For weeks I've been getting ready to participate in the 48 hour book challenge.  This year the challenge is being organized by Ms. Yingling at Ms. Yingling Reads.  (You'll find instructions for the challenge here.)

Last year, I used this time to catch up on some beginning chapter books I had been wanting to read.  This year, I've decided to focus on (mostly) adult fiction.  It seems in my busy teaching life I mostly read professional nonfiction books and, of course, picture books.  I've always been more of a nonfiction reader so I think this is the perfect time to get a little pleasure reading started.  I have my books loaded onto my Kindle and I'm ready for action.

Last year, I read 754 minutes.  I'm hoping to beat last year's time.  I'm using Amazon's BookTime app again to keep track of my reading.   I like the way this app lets me record the time and title.

Here we go...

Staring with One for the Murphys.

Stop by Ms. Yingling's blog and join the fun.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had lots of tissues for One for the Murphys. I LOVED that book.

    ReplyDelete